Sunday 17 August 2008

Different Lands

I have found out that a friend, she is going back home to America. I feel a little sad about this as all though we are not very close, I always thought that if we had lived in the same town we could have been. But her lack of transport and a combined lack of time, on both our parts, have meant that we have not spent a lot of time together. When ever we have spent time together has always been a good experience for me. I have always respected her as she moved over here to be with her husband (who is British), not knowing anybody and has tried very hard to settle here. But I think being away from her family as got to her. Good Luck M & S.

I have wondered for many years what it would be like to go and live in a foreign land, To live with their culture. So what has stopped me? Is it all the worries of being able to survive? Would I cope so well? Would I manage to learn the language? The feeling of be adrift, and not to ultimately, having your family to fall back on. I have also wondered if I had lived on mainland Europe would that have changed my view on travel and not made it so scary?

No comments: