Saturday 23 August 2008

The Joys of a Farmers Market

On the last Saturday of the month there is a farmers market in our town. I have been there before but later in the day when most of the produce was gone, Before owning a dog that gets you out early.

Well today Lilly and I went there on the way back from our walk. There was so much nice stuff there. Various cuts of Pork Beef farmer a small vegetable stall and a cake and jam stall. yum!

I brought Lamb and Rosemary sausages, two small steak pies (one of the ladies at work buys them every month and has been raving about them. So I thought i would give them ago.) At the next stall there were the cakes so I got a Cider and sultana cake and some Lemon curd.

The best lemon curd i have tasted always comes from a market stall. It is best on fresh soft bread. So that is my breakfast sorted out for today. For Dinner i think sausages and mash with gravy and mint sauce.

No comments: