Tuesday 19 August 2008

Lilly

Everyday week day I get woken by the alarm clock, I pull myself out of bed and put on my dressing gown and go down stairs.

In the last 4 months I have be greeted by this:



It is so nice to be greeted with such excitement every morning. After I let her out to run up and down the garden a few times. I sit on the sofa trying to drink a cup of tea to wake me up properly, all the time having the use my free hand to stroke her. Can be a little tiresome but I don't mind as her coat is so soft. If I stop I get licked! yuk!

After a quick shower, I have to put some casual clothes on, because my friend is waiting for me to take her down the park.

My arm gets pulled out of the socket a few times on the way there but she stops and sits at the road side waiting for the command to cross. When we get to the park she sits and looks at me. "What?" I ask. She sniffs my pocket. You can not hide a tennis ball from her, even if you have forgotten where you have hidden it she will find it.

After a few throws of the ball she looks like this:



The tail never stops wagging. Even if I do not feel like walking her once I am out there I feel a lot better for it.


Thanks Lilly for always having a smile and a tennis ball ready for me.

No comments: